The curriculum of the BA degree program is simply well-structured to impart students with miscellaneous art subjects. Also, the BA Course List programs help students get various career prospects in their field of interest. Therefore, BA is one of the most sought-after degrees for students of every stream.
Additionally, many students start to work or prepare for the various competitive exams, so they do not find time to get their graduation degree in regular mode. Hence, students can enrol in a distance BA degree program to complete their BA graduate degree in an online or distance mode.
Therefore, this article gives essential BA course detail and the best options for a career in BA. Besides that, it imparts you with knowledge of worthwhile courses after 12th.
Table of Contents
BA Course – Overview
BA or Bachelor of Arts is an undergraduate degree in liberal arts. And the BA course duration is usually three years. So, in this bachelor’s degree program, students can choose from different specializations as per their interest to pursue a career in any specific field. Also, students can pursue their BA degree program through BA Course List in regular or distance mode.
Additionally, some of the major BA course subjects are Hindi, English, History, Psychology, Social Science, etc. Therefore, this program is advantageous for students that want to prepare for the various government exams, such as teaching, civil services, banking, and many others.
Also, many students think after BA which course is best. So, students get many options after completing their BA degree program. Hence, BA graduate students can opt for courses such as Master of Arts (MA), Master of Business Administration (MBA), Bachelor of Education (B.Ed), Master of Computer Applications (MCA), LLB, etc.
Eligibility Parameters to Enroll In BA Courses?
The eligibility criteria to enrol in a BA degree program are as follows:
- Students can opt for BA courses after the 12th.
- Students must complete their 10+2 from any board that is approved by the centre or state government.
- Though the percentile requirement can differ from college to college, students have to obtain an average of at least 50%.
- Students from all streams (Science, Arts, and Commerce) are eligible to enrol in this degree course.
Can I Pursue a BA Degree Course In One-year?
Students can enrol in a one–sitting degree if they are willing to complete their BA degree courses in 1 year. Additionally, one sitting is also called a “single sitting degree.”
Additionally, in one sitting degree program students can take all the exams for three years at once.
Moreover, students can opt for a one-sitting degree where they left their BA degree program in the middle or there is a gap of a minimum of three years between the 12th and the BA degree course. Therefore, students can enrol in one sitting degree/single sitting degree by breaking study, credit transfer, or lateral entry.
What Is the Specialization in the BA Degree Program?
Students can enrol in various BA specializations that are as follows:
- Ancient History
- Tourism and hospitality
- Child Welfare and Social Studies
- Political Science
- Advertising & Brand Management
- Social Science
- Public Administration
- Oriental Culture
- Social Work
- Child Welfare and Social Studies
- Military Studies
- Rural Development
- Public Relations, and various others.
How to Enroll In a BA Degree Program?
Students willing to pursue a BA degree can apply for admission at various universities online or offline. Also, students can complete their BA degree in regular mode or distance mode at their convenience.
So, students can apply to any UGC-DEB approved university by visiting the official website of that specific college. Afterwards, students can select the BA program and submit the required documents and fees.
What Is the Scope of the BA Degree Course?
There are many options for a career in a BA degree course. Hence, some of the job profiles students can apply for are as follows:
- Political Commentator
- Research and development managers
- Administrative Officer
- Executive Assistant
- Foreign Language Expert
- Social Worker & etc.
Additionally, some of the top recruitment areas for BA degree graduates are:
- TATA Consultancy Services
- Civil Services
- Accenture, and others.
Apart from that, this program emphasizes many subjects that are beneficial for various government exams. So, BA degree holders can take various types of graduate-level government exams.
What are the Best Colleges to Enroll In a BA Degree Program?
There are various distance colleges where students can enrol in a BA degree program in distance mode, online mode, or a one-year degree course. Therefore, some of the top distance education colleges are:
- Swami Vivekanand Subharti University
- Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)
- Suresh Gyan Vihar University
- Jaipur National Open University
- Chandigarh University, various others.
Aside from that, there are numerous UGC-DEB approved distance education colleges where students can apply for distance education programs.
Why Should Students Opt for the BA Degree Course?
Some of the advantages of the BA degree program are-
- BA degree program offers a diverse field of career opportunities for students.
- A BA degree program is advantageous for students who wish to pursue a career in education.
- BA degree program helps to improve their research skills, interpretation skills, analytical skills, communication skills, visual communication and many other skills.
- This degree program is beneficial for students that are preparing for various government exams.
- Once students get their BA degree, there are many courses and job opportunities available for them.
Students willing to attain expertise in various types of liberal arts subjects can enrol in various specialisations of the BA course list. Also, the BA degree program offers a wide range of employment opportunities and students can pursue various prominent graduate courses after receiving their BA degree.
So, distance BA degree programs are beneficial for students of every discipline who are unable to pursue a regular degree due to financial issues. Therefore, students can apply to various distance education universities to pursue their BA degrees in distance mode.