The BCom degree is designed to impart to students a fundamental understanding of the commerce field. This course is best for commerce students and students who want to make a career in the fields of banking and finance. There are various institutes that offer regular and distance B.Com. Besides that, in recent years, many colleges have also providing online BCom degree in India.
Online BCom courses are delivered using various cutting-edge technologies. As a result, students get a deep understanding of the program both theoretically and practically. Plus, this allows students to complete their graduate degrees without going to any traditional colleges. So, if you are a 12th-passed commerce student, it can be an ideal option to get an online BCom degree in India.
Furthermore, get through the whole content to get descriptive information about the online BCom degree in India and to know about the best colleges for pursuing this course.
Table of Contents
About the online BCom degree-
BCom (Bachelor of Commerce) is an undergraduate degree program in commerce discipline. The duration of the course is from 3 to 6 years. Students can opt for various specializations such as banking & finance, economics, law, business analytics, computer applications, e-commerce, etc. in the BCom degree course.
Additionally, when students opt for the online BCom degree in India, they get a variety of facilities from their colleges. They get to attend flexible online classes through video conferencing. Besides that, the college provides access to many online resources, viz. audiobooks, online meetups, ebooks, journals, recorded videos of lectures, pdfs, and many more. As a result, students get a rich learning experience from the students.
To opt for the online BCom degree program, students have to complete their 10+2 from a government-recognized board. The students also attain a minimum grade of 50% in their 12th grade.
Besides that, there may be some other requirements to apply for an online BCom degree. However, the eligibility parameters can vary from one college to another.
What are the perks of pursuing an online BCom degree in India?
- First of all, students do not have to spend a lot of money as online courses are cheaper in comparison to regular courses.
- Technology-based learning allows students to grasp more and more quickly.
- Pursuing an online BCom can help students learn and earn simultaneously.
- It can help students to get exposure to technology and learn some technical skills.
- Online BCom degrees can save students from other expenses such as hostel rent, food, commute, etc. as they can complete the course from their home.
What are the job prospects after getting an online BCom degree in India?
- Business Executive
- Tax Consultant
- Account Executive
- Account Manager
- Business Consultant
- Teacher, and many others.
Additionally, after completing a BCom degree, students can opt for various types of postgraduate degree courses, such as-
- Business Accounting and Taxation
- Master of Commerce (MCom)
- Chartered Accountancy (CA)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Chartered Financial Analyst
- Certified Management Accountant Association of Chartered
- Certified Accountants, etc.
What are the top colleges to complete an online BCom degree in India?
- Swami Vivekananda Subharti University (SVSU)
- Suresh Gyan Vihar University (SGVU)
- Online Manipal University
- Lovely Professional University (LPU)
- Online Jain University
- Sikkim Professional University (SPU)
- Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)
- Delhi University, School of Distance Education
- Narsee Monjee Insitute of Management Studies, and others.
Can BCom be done in 1 year?
Yes, students can complete a BCom degree in one year, but only under some special conditions. If any student has left their BCom degree in the middle for some reason, they can apply for a one-year degree program. Therefore, to complete their BCom degree in one year, students have to opt for the single-sitting degree program. It allows students to complete the course and take the examination for all three years at once.
Is Online BCom valid?
Most of the students are skeptical about online BCom or other degree courses. However, an online BCom degree is 100% valid in India as a regular degree. Moreover, the online Bcom degree is approved by the UGC and AICTE. So, it is valid for jobs no matter whether you want to work in the private sector or the government.
Apart from that, you can enrol in further education after completing an online degree. Plus, if you have an interest in the government field, you can participate in many graduate-level exams such as bank, railway, civil service, and others.
Above, you read about the vital details of the online BCom degree in India and its advantages. So, now you can make up your mind as per the above information and apply for admission.
Furthermore, there are various colleges that offer world-class online BCom courses to students. If you are a commerce student, you can be admitted to any of the prominent online universities and complete the course. So, you can have a thriving career in the commerce field.